Tuesday, February 26, 2013

An Obsession Begins

 I'd like to introduce everyone to my new (and first) Filofax. This is the Finsbury in Black. As much as I REALLY love blue, having seen all the colors in person, I'm actually REALLY glad I got it in black. I'm not really a fan of the way the 'graining' on the leather makes the other colors look. So, basically, I love blue to no end, but the black makes me happier in the end. Plus, most of my clothing tends to be black, so I guess I'll always match? I love this planner so much, I have barely been able to take my hands off of it. Mom ordered it for me on Friday and it arrived on Monday. SO MUCH FASTER than I anticipate. I literally screamed with joy when I pulled it out of the mail box.

I had decided to take a friend to the local store that carries Filofax to 'kill time and get a fix'. While there, we browsed, checked out their stationary, got a few ideas for dividers, etc. The first time I was in this store, I was (not directly or politely) asked to stop 'handling them so much as it might damage them'. I don't see how my handling them was any worse than the way they were stacked on the shelf, but I digress. I decided to give the shop a second shot to see the Finsbury while I waited. Once I got home, there she was. I've noticed some folks name their Filos...I may have to give this gal a name!



I think the only issue I have with it right now is that it doesn't lay flat. Not that it's a HUGE issue, because I'm sure with time and usage, that will cease to be such an issue as it is.


I love that even though I really do have quite a good bit in there, it's not OVERLY stuffed.  It's a really beautiful size, and though I'd like an A5 at some point, I LOVE the personal size.


I'm truly impressed with this little binder. Being as it wasn't my first choice (Orchid Aston would be), I'm VERY glad we chose this one. I love the design of the card pockets on the inside. I love the zipper pocket in the back. The pen loop is SO MUCH better than in the one I was using. I actually flung my pen out of the pink one a few times because the loop was so loose. Not because I used it that much either, it came that way. The leather is really nice and soft. I am in HEAVEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment