Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Running is Hell

So, I decided to take up running. I'm not fully sure why. Partly because I need to get in shape. Partly because it's a cheap workout. I definitely think I picked the wrong excersize hobby.

Running is hell. I don't care what anyone says. I'm on my "second" week of Couch to 5K, and I feel like death. My legs are sore as all hell. My calves are cramped and sore. I haven't felt a 'runner's high' yet. I'm awaiting on it. I'm praying for it.

Today, I pushed my three year old in one of those bike carriers for kids that turn into a stroller of sorts. I thought just running was hell. Add in an extra thirty pounds of kid. Holy crap. So much worse.

But, I'm not going to quit. I'm going to keep it up. Why? Because I'm going to make running my bitch. I'm going to keep pushing. I'm going to get to the point it doesn't hurt. I'm going to get there. It's just going to take a while. It won't be easy. I'm probably going to complain a lot more. I'm probably going to hurt a hell of a lot more.

I am going to set an example for my girls that just because something is hard, you don't give up. You keep going, and you fight to get better. Running is hell, but it's also one hell of a life lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment