Friday, March 30, 2012

Recovery

So, to update, the surgery went well. I'm recovering quite well. I'm still not sure of what the results were, as my doctor came and spoke to me while I was still very very loopy. Two really small incisions are the only evidence of the surgery. I'm feeling much better.

Upon arriving they had me strip down to my gown, and began trying to run my IV. For whatever reason, normally, I don't have an issue with people finding my veins. Apparently, my nerves were so worked up that every time they touched my arm, my veins disappeared. So, they gave me a valium to relax me. After 5 attempts, my IV was in. Then they put the cute little hair net thing on me and wheeled me into the OR. I don't remember much, because they have me my sedative via IV almost immediately, and I was out. Upon waking, I only remember INTENSE pain and beginning to cry. They gave me some meds in my IV and I was out again for a bit. Then the doctor came in and spoke to me, thought I don't recall what he had to say, and I was free to go.

I had 24 hours of bed rest (of course, I was allowed up for food and bathroom breaks), which was really good. Today, I've been up a good bit. Got up and took the puppy to be neutered. By the time I got back however, I was miserable. Even though I'd taken my meds, I was very very tired and sickly feeling. I slept for a few hours, and got back up. Now I've played with my daughter, and eaten. We'll be going to pick up the puppy in a little while.

I've called the doctor's office twice to find out what he said. He was suppose to call me back yesterday, but didn't. I tried to call again today, but they'd already left for the day. I'll try again on Monday.

I feel much better knowing the surgery is over, and now we can move on a little. Of course, until we know exactly what he said, then we don't know exactly how successful the surgery was. I'm still suppose to take it easy for the next few days, of course. And if you know me, you know I'll milk this for all it's worth. I'll sleep as much as I can, and let hubby and his brother take care of me! LOL!

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, and well wishes. It means the world to me, and I'll never be able to express that enough.

Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment