Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dreams Do Come True

I'm only going to say a few things about this, then I'm moving on to the real topic. I am SO happy right now!! My husband loves me more than words can say. We were originally waiting to get my new truck until he got his re-enlistment bonus. However, the Jeep (suv) I was driving, had so many issues, and though it was in good shape, could have broken down any moment, and we'd have been out a vehicle. We went to have the oil changed in his car this past weekend and went to look at the trucks in the meantime. We happened to find the perfect truck, they got our payments where they needed to be, and we came home with it. It's a truck I've wanted most of my adult life, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Now, to the real subject. I HATE California drivers. With a passion. I was taught (and recall from when I got my license), that when merging onto the highway/interstate/freeway, you yield to those already ON said highway. Apparently in California, those on the highway already are suppose to yield to those merging. Why do I say this you ask? Well, our FIRST DAY in California, the entire way down to our post, (we came down during high traffic time) each time there was an on ramp, rather than letting one car in, go, one car in, go, those merging tried to squeeze 3-5 cars in front of ONE person. That's not how it works people. It's just NOT. And, it's been that way several other times, during less traffic times too. Yesterday however, driving to the beach with my angel girl and her uncle, I was on the freeway/highway, driving along, minding the speed limit and what not. Well, at one of the entrance ramps, rather than speed up and get in front of me, or slow down and get behind me, some JERK in a Prius (my new truck would eat that for breakfast and still be hungry), stayed right beside me, expecting me to yield to him. When I didn't, he laid on the horn obnoxiously. SO, I did what any gal would do. I flipped him off through the back glass of the truck. He flipped me off back as well, and blew past me as if I were the one in the wrong. What gives folks? Just because your 40-50 years old, doesn't mean that you get to drive any way you want. You still have to obey the rules of the road. And you're not going to be a jerk and lay on your horn at me, when I wasn't in the wrong, SIR. Things like this are why I hate this state. Absolutely NO common sense or common courtesy exist here.

So, lesson of the day? When driving, be sure to obey the rules of the road. Why? Because I won't move for you when I have the right of way. Nope. Not gonna. And if you hit me, because you were so full of self importance and think everyone should yield to you, I'm gonna sue your freaking pants off. And in my truck, your car is gonna be the one with the most damage. Jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment