Saturday, January 8, 2011

Interesting Thoughts

So, I just looked to see if anyone was even reading this, and you guys ARE. Wow. I'm fairly impressed. I really didn't think anyone would read it. Thank you for showing an interest. If anyone has any topics for me to discuss, feel free to comment and let me know, or send me an email.

I had two couples over for dinner last night, and while one couple had to leave early due to a baby who wasn't back on Hawaii time, the other couple stayed pretty late into the night. We were sitting around talking, discussing politics, religion, etc. I LOVE those types of discussions. One point that was brought forward is that the Bible was originally compiled by Constantine, and that there were books and manuscripts which he said "Nope, doesn't belong." And the fact that yes, God told Man what to write, but does that mean that man put the EXACT wording on paper? Not to mention the NUMEROUS translations over the centuries. But we still have people that swear by the Bible.

I don't attend church. Not because I don't believe in and love God, but because to me, church is where two or more are gathered in His name. After all, isn't that what the Bible tells us? I never read in the Bible that you had to go to a building and worship in a structured manner. We had 'church' on my back patio last night, by the Bible's definition. I love it. I can worship God through my words on paper, whether they are about Him or not, because it is filling my soul to put words on paper (or in text as the case may be) and lay out what I'm thinking and feeling.

I don't want to go deep into my personal beliefs. I am Christian and believe in God and that's all you really need to know. If you want to know more, get in touch. We can have church too. :)

On a side note, today is Elvis, my grandmother, and my uncle's birthdays. Happy Birthday to all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment