Sunday, January 9, 2011

Motherhood

As most of you know, I have a lively one year old. She's the light of my life and I LOVE being a Mom. For those of you that have known me for some time, you know this has always been something I knew I wanted from life.

That being said, it is probably the most challenging thing I have ever done in my life. From day one, she did NOT like to sleep in her bassinet/crib/pack-n-play. No, if she wasn't in my arms, it was an immediate scream fest. Well, nowadays, she is learning to sleep in her crib and that has been such a blessing. I was reluctant at first because I love her cuddles at night, and waking up with her in the morning. But being able to cuddle with my husband again has been nothing short of amazing.

She's also teething. She's had 2 teeth for some time, and those were a breeze. Then she had two more cut, and we didn't even KNOW until they were through the gums. At that time, we noticed 3 more trying to cut. That was 3 weeks ago. The first of those three FINALLY cut through all the way today. It's been a long three weeks due to this. I'm glad it's finally coming to an end.

I'm so proud of her and amazed at her more and more every day. Every little thing she does is just amazing to me. I can't get enough of her laughs. She dances and walks and talks. I took her to have her one year check up yesterday and her doctor just seemed AMAZED at her as well.

I'm loving this adventure we are on of being parents. I am so lucky to have this little family. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment