Friday, January 7, 2011

Well, I didn't think to write again so soon, yet I find my mind overflowing. Yesterday while talking with my aunt, I found out that my cousin's apartment building had had a fire. Hers was not damaged and all was fine. This morning however, I find out that the fire restarted and now her apartment is affected. She can save some things, but know one knows how much at this point. Luckily she was at work when this happened, because her boss was letting her get some extra hours. But for the grace of God go I. She could have been home. She could have been asleep in bed. She might not be here this morning. I want to call her boss and thank him or her for letting her stay late, because it likely saved her life.

I also have to give thanks to the friend who gave me the idea to start this blog. Without her, you wouldn't be reading my words (if anyone is anyway).

I guess I could tell you a little about myself, as simply a paragraph seems...sloppy. I am a grown woman. I am married and have a child. I am a sister, daughter, neice, 'aunt', granddaughter, great granddaughter, daughter in law, sister in law, and most importantly, I am not defined by those titles. I am me. I love to laugh at stupid stuff, I love to play with my daughter. I enjoy going for a walk on the beach, though it isn't nearly as romantic as it sounds. I am an animal lover. If I picked one animal, I'd be betraying the others I love. I am a reader of many books. I play WoW. I am fast to love and fast to anger. I hold a grudge, even if I don't act like it. My family is my core. Without them, I wouldn't be here. I mean that literally and figuratively. My sister is my best friend (after my husband). My daughter lights up my life. I love watching her grow and learn everyday. She's just now starting to put words together, and it's absolutely amazing to me. I cannot believe how unbelievably lucky I have been in my life. I have known a great man, and lost him. I may talk about him in a later post, as he means the world to me still. I am no stranger to loss. I first experienced death at 5 years old. I look to the past for memories, to know where I came from and how I got here. I do not live in, nor do I long for, the past. I simply celebrate it, for it is who we were. I love history. I love to learn. Once I learn something, I love to share it with others.

I think I will leave off for now. Thank you for reading.

Good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment